Thursday, August 1, 2013

Rain Boots

I had so much fun putting this together. I had been watching for children's galoshes at yard sales for weeks. I bought them for $2.50 a pair. I don't know if that's a bargain, but I didn't care. If you are willing to experiment you can make these using any type of boot, just add a plastic lining to help keep the moisture in.

The day was sunny and I had all the tools to build a fun flower bed o' boot(s). This project took about 20 minutes. First use a large drill bit to make the holes in the soles of the boots. I made about 8 holes. I left the foot liner in the boot, but pulled out the insole. Be careful not to slip, the drill bit bounces a bit (ha ha). After drilling the holes fill the boot with pebbles up to the ankles. Place the garden soil in the boots 4 inches from the top.  Don't forget to fertilize. I like Miracle Grow. This is both fun and pretty!


 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment