Monday, June 9, 2014

Maleficent

I was so careful to not hear anything about this movie. I was really excited to see this.

I got my favorite drink and popcorn from the snack bar and settled in. I always bring my blanket because I freeze in the theaters. So, after propping up my legs and sufficiently being wrapped up I was ready.

This is not the tale you know begins Maleficent. So, true. I loved the magic, delight, sparkle, the lore of true love, the science and fantasy, the bitterness and joys. 

Angelina Jolie was amazing. I'm not a hard core fan of her. Yet I am drawn in by her unique beauty. I do admit to having seen some of her movies. She delightfully surprised me in this role. I don't want to give any spoilers. I think she did this evil villain justice.

Elle Fanning plays a sweet innocent caught between the fairy kingdom and that of her own family kin. She is adorable and personifies joy, love, and wonder.

As in any Disney movie, there is a villain. Is it the culprit the one we are familiar with? The villain, as always becomes consumed in their own hatred, anger, and fear to the detriment of their own life and the ones they touch.

There is a wonderful moral to this tale. Greed, hatred, vengeance, sorrow, envy, joy, generosity, forgiveness, wonder, sacrifice, and tenderness. All these emotions sum up this tale which I highly recommend.  I give this wonderous tale 3 stars and a big thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment